- August 15, 2012 – September 21, 2012
- September 24, 2012 - November 2, 2012
- November 5, 2012 – December 20, 2012
- January 14, 2013 – March 1, 2013
- March 4, 2013 – April 19, 2013
- April 22, 2013 – June 7, 2013
- Blue Jay Afternoons begin promptly at 2:20pm, Monday through Friday.
- 2:20pm to 3:20pm – First Hour will consist of Homework Help based on your student’s grade.
- 3:30pm to 4:30pm - Second Hour provides the student a choice to participate in either an enrichment course, or recreation course.
- 4:30pm to 6:00pm - Third Hour provides the student the opportunity to participate in additional enrichment courses.
- Free snack and transportation are provided daily.
Attendance and Departure:
Safety is the priority of the afterschool program to ensure this we take a daily attendance
times, once at the beginning of each class. Our Funding requires that
students maintain a minimum attendance rate of 90% (approximately 3
absences a month). We have limited space available so students who are
not able to meet these requirements will be dropped from the program.
For this reason it is extremely important that you fully understand what
is stated on the “Early Release Policy” and “Student Release Form” that
you have signed.
Students leaving their Class
must check out at the Blue Jay's Office and are required
to sign out after 5pm from The Blue Jay's Program. Parents must decides which time their student may sign out from the program after 5pm. Unless
there are special circumstances, these are the only times the students
may leave the Blue Jay Afterschool program.
- Homework Support Class: Students have the opportunity to complete assignments, Read, projects, and long term assignments.
in intervention classes are by referrals from school staff. Parents,
please talk to your child’s teacher if you would like your child to
participate in the Intervention courses.This course is not designed for
- Recreation courses:
We offer a multitude of sports, including volleyball, soccer,
basketball, dodge ball, zumba, and baseball, among others. There sport class is offered twice a week.
- Enrichment courses:
In our enrichment courses students will have the opportunity to
learn how to cook, bake, scrapbook, or participate in dance, singing, guitar lessons, and arts & crafts.
Waiting List Policy:
Jays Afterschool Program is a first come first serve basis. Our waiting
list is categorized by grade and date when parent registered or those
students who are enrolling at Gray Avenue Middle School for the first
time. When space is available in a given grade level, our Blue Jays
Program will contact parent or guardian.
that maintained good behavior in past years at Blue Jay Afternoons and
who have attended the program an average of 3 hours per day for the
2011-2012 school year are invited for priority enrollment for 2012-2013.
Late Pick Ups:
The Afterschool Program closes promptly at 6 pm. Blue Jay Afternoons has a policy on late pick-ups: The 1st late pick-up will be a warning; the 2nd
late pick-up will result in your child getting dropped form the
Afterschool program. Only families that can comply with our policies
will be able to remain apart of Blue Jays Afternoons